The wait is over. The official trailer of the eight and final season of Game of Thrones has finally arrived.
Check it out below!
HBO also dropped a promo for the final six episodes "It All Starts Here." Watch it below:
As previously teased, season of Thrones will feature the longest battle sequence the series has ever produced.
Here's some intel we've learned about the historic battle (per Entertainment Weekly):
- The episode will gather GoT's long lineup of major characters inclusing Dany, Jon, Sansa, Tyrion, Arya, Sam and Brienne -- all set to take down the Night King and the army of the undead.
- It will be directed by Miguel Sapochnik.
- Viewers will see Arya in the middle of a huge battle for the first time. Arya's portrayer, Maisie Williams had to train for a year before they filmed the sequence.
Want more final season scoop? Keep reading..
Co-creators DB Weiss and David Benioff on the series finale:
“We want people to love it. It matters a lot to us," Weiss said.
“We’ve spent 11 years doing this. We also know no matter what we do, even if it’s the optimal version, that a certain number of people will hate the best of all possible versions. There is no version where everybody says, ‘I have to admit, I agree with every other person on the planet that this is the perfect way to do this’ — that’s an impossible reality that doesn’t exist. I’m hoping for the Breaking Bad [finale] argument where it’s like, ‘Is that an A or an A+?’”
Added Benioff: “From the beginning we’ve talked about how the show would end. A good story isn’t a good story if you have a bad ending. Of course we worry.”
HBO boss Casey Bloys, for his part, teased that fans will be "really really happy" with how the series will conclude.
"The only thing I will say as a fan of the show is that I think the guys have done a brilliant job of ending the show in a dramatically satisfying and emotionally satisfying way," Bloys said. "I do believe that fans are going to be really really happy with how it all wraps up.”
New Season 8 Intel From Cast
- Lena Headey (Cersei) revealed to ET that season 8 will surprise viewers at "every turn."
- Rory McCann hinted that the Hound will get the chance to come face to face with the Mountain.
"There will be a chance of squaring up to his brother and facing those demons," teased the actor in a report.
BONUS SPOILER BIT:
- Pounce is confirmed dead, according to Benioff.
“Cersei hated the name ‘Ser Pounce’ so much she could not allow him to survive."
“So she came up with her most diabolical [execution]. Ser Pounce’s death was so horrible we couldn’t even put it on the air.”
New Season 8 First Look Photos
Season 8 Character Posters
Don't miss the final season premiere on Sunday, April 14 on HBO.
Head over to Game of Thrones Spoilers page for the latest news.