Recently, I spoiled that The Vampire Diaries was casting the role of Rudy Owens, a protective parent that will premiere in episode 10. Fans and sources have speculated that Rudy is Bonnie’s off screen father. Well, to serve up a little extra dish, we have acquired some more intel about Rudy’s character. Here’s what they revealed
- Rudy has been away from Mystic Falls too long and is worried about Bonnie’s safety and future.
- Rudy is tired of burying his head in the sand and wants to make things right between himself and Bonnie.
- Rudy also has an intense chat with Bonnie’s new mentor, Professor Shane.
- Rudy makes it very clear to Shane that he doesn’t trust him and knows about his past missteps at his previous college.
- Rudy, a Whitmore College Board member, also threatens to have Shane’s job if his intentions with Bonnie are anything other than academic, leaving Shane completely blindsided.