Tonight is the night for the highly anticipated series premiere of The Originals, "Always And Forever". According to sources, the premiere will boast some very chemistry between two unlikely allies.
The Oct. 3 premiere contains some serious sparkage (and cuteness) between our favorite Original vamp (Sorry, Klaus and Beks!) and…Hayley! Yes, as in the same werewolf girl his brother got pregnant. Amazingly enough, the chemistry between them is sweet, but subtle. Haylijah, anyone?!
I'm also happy to spoil a telling interview with Showrunner and EP Julie Plec. Here is a partial tease of the interview, but watch below for the full experience and don't miss a single episode of the CW's newest hit series, The Originals.
- The premiere is a retelling of the original pilot (which aired as a Vampire Diaries episode).
- In episode 2, the story jumps forward and Rebekah shows up in New Orleans.
- Marcel's history will be revealed, his relationship with the family, and the town.
- The mythology between The Originals and The Vampire Diaries will not necessarily be aligned. If there is a change though, there will be a specific reason why it's different in New Orleans.
- The Vampire Diaries was about spiritual magic and in New Orleans it's about ancestral magic. Power is drawn from the cemeteries of their ancestors. If they leave the area, they lose their power.
- They used the spirit of voodoo, but were careful not to be disrespectful or irresponsible. It was the inspiration.
- Matt Donovan could show up on The Originals or Rebekah could return to The Vampire Diaries. They have some good ideas for crossovers based on the stories.