I previously spoiled the promotional photos for the season 1 premiere of the CW’s new series, The Originals, “Always And Forever”. Now, I am happy to bring you the official description of the series premiere of the CW’s most anticipated new drama, The Originals. Klaus Mikaelson, the Original Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid returns to New Orleans, the city his family help build 300 years ago. Chris Grismer directed this episode and it was written by EP Julie Plec and Co-executive Producer Michael Narducci.
- Klaus Mikaelson~Joseph Morgan, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans – the city his family helped build 300 years ago.
- Determined to help his brother, Elijah~Daniel Gillies leaves their sister Rebekah~Claire Holt behind and follows Klaus.
- Elijah learns that the beautiful and rebellious werewolf Hayley~Phoebe Tonkin – Klaus’ onetime flame – has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie Deveraux~Daniella Pineda.
- When Sophie reveals some life-changing news, Elijah realizes that the Original family may have been given a second chance at humanity and redemption.
- Klaus, however, is more intrigued by his recent unexpected reunion with his former protégé, Marcel~Charles Michael Davis, a charismatic but diabolical vampire who now has total control over the supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans.
- Klaus vows to reclaim what was once his – the power, the city and his family.
The Originals initially premieres alongside The Vampire Diaries, Thursday, October 3rd @9/8c, before moving to their new day and time the following week on Tuesdays @8/7c.