HBO has released the official episode guides for the two-part season 2 finale of The Newsroom.
Season 2 Episode 8 “Election Night, Part I”
Debut: SUNDAY, SEPT. 8 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Sept. 8 (midnight), 10 (11:00 p.m.), 11 (9:00 p.m.), 12 (8:00 p.m.), 13 (midnight) and 14 (9:45 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Sept. 9 (10:00 p.m.), 10 (9:00 p.m.), 11 (11:00 p.m.) and 13 (3:40 p.m.)
- In the wake of Leona’s (Jane Fonda) refusal to accept the resignations of three top ACN talents, “News Night” goes forward with its 2012 election night coverage, featuring Will (Jeff Daniels) in the unlikely role of director of morale.
- Sloan (Olivia Munn) is perturbed that her book was auctioned off with a forged signature, while Mac (Emily Mortimer) tasks Neal (Dev Patel) to fix a faulty Wikipedia page.
- Mindful that Charlie (Sam Waterston) wants a screw-up-free evening, Jim (John Gallagher, Jr.) weighs the cons of retracting a call he made too soon.
- The team deliberates whether to hold off on a story that might affect a tight Senate race.
Written by Aaron Sorkin; directed by Jason Ensler.
Season 2 Episode 9 “Election Night, Part II” (season finale)
Debut: SUNDAY, SEPT. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: Sept. 15 (midnight), 17 (11:00 p.m.), 18 (9:00 p.m.), 19 (8:00 p.m.), 20 (midnight) and 21 (9:45 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Sept. 16 (10:00 p.m.), 17 (9:00 p.m.), 18 (11:05 p.m.) and 20 (5:15 p.m.)
- As election night 2012 winds down, Will and Charlie await a decision from Reese (Chris Messina) that may impact their future at ACN, and that of the entire senior staff.
- Sloan learns the identity of the anonymous winning bidder for her book; Don (Thomas Sadoski) discusses a countersuit against Jerry (Hamish Linklater) with Rebecca (Marcia Gay Harden).
- Neal turns to Hallie (Grace Gummer) for help giving Mac a parting gift.
- Jim tries to make peace with Lisa (Kelen Coleman), encouraging Maggie (Alison Pill) to do the same.
- Will has a revelation while Charlie is sharing his.
Written by Aaron Sorkin; directed by Alan Poul.