*Check out more photos for The Fosters' "Pilot" right here!
Thinking about watching ABC Family's new series, The Fosters to see what it's all about? Secret Life is ending, after all....
Take a peek at our guide below for the "Pilot" episode of The Fosters for more details:
ABC FAMILY'S NEWEST ORIGINAL FAMILY DRAMA SERIES "THE FOSTERS" PREMIERES MONDAY, JUNE 3, 9:00 P.M. ET/PT
From Executive Producer Jennifer Lopez, ABC Family's original drama "The Fosters" premieres Monday, June 3rd at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, following the series finale of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.
The premiere episode of "The Fosters" follows a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms. Stef Foster (Teri Polo, "Meet the Parents"), a dedicated police officer, and her partner Lena Adams (Sherri Saum, "In Treatment"), a school Vice Principal, have built a close-knit, loving family with Stef's biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert, "Aaron Stone"), and their adopted twins Mariana (Cierra Ramirez, "The Secret Life of the American Teenager") and Jesus (Jake T. Austin, "Wizards of Waverly Place"). Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell, "Teen Beach Movie"), a hardened teen with an abusive past who has spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it's just for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.
- Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling with their own identities.
- The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren't sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms.
- Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.
- Brandon, a talented musician with a kind soul, lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters' high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He's faced with a tough decision when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past.
- What happens next will determine if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home - and their hearts - for one more.
- The series also stars Hayden Byerly ("Parenthood") and Danny Nucci ("Titanic").
Source: ABC Family Media