Will Sam's wall come crashing down? Will there be more deaths? Will the boys confront Eve? Will the finale end on a cliffhanger? Will there be a Season 7? All these answers, and more, in these spoilers from Supernatural's panel at Paley Fest yesterday!
- The theme for the rest of Season 6 is, "Sam and Dean are screwed." Here's Sera Gamble:
"The theme is always 'Sam and Dean are screwed.' That's always the theme as a whole. We have some fun standalones coming, and some mythology throughlines. You'll see more about the war in heaven, you'll see more of Sam and Dean trying to figure out what to do about the Mother of All, Eve. The good thing about this is it thrusts us into episodes such as a world where the Titanic never sank, and what that means, and episode where Sam and Dean go to the Wild West to find Samuel Colt."
- Sam will do a lot of soul searching when his wall comes down in the season finale. Jared told EW:
“We’re saving the best for last — and the scariest for last. It does come down, and as Death warned, it’s a catastrophe. Sam has to battle something he’s never battled before, which is himself. Sam is going to have to ultimately confront what he did soul-less and did in hell. There’s a lot of Sam soul searching."
- Eric Kripke said they will conclusively deal with Sam's amnesia and he will remember what happened to him in Hell. Sera Gamble told TV Guide that the wall coming down is understandably a huge deal for both brothers:
"It's something that Sam is both afraid of and also he's dying to know what he did that year that he was soulless. It's something that Dean has great fear about. Every ounce of big-brother protectiveness inside him wants to shield Sam from what might happen if the wall comes down, so it's a pretty major thing for them."
- The season finale will feature at least 2 "unexpected" deaths, as Sera told TV Guide:
"There will definitely be deaths. I would say that the last couple of episodes are pretty dark. The situation is rather desperate for Sam and Dean and they truly have to ban together to get the job done."
- The season finale will have a face-to-face confrontation between the boys and Eve. Misha elaborated:
"It's epic and daunting. The final confrontation is definitely not what anyone is expecting. It is, however, larger and more epic than the viewers are expecting."
- The finale's final moment may be the most important, as Eric told E!:
"I'd actually say my favorite thing [in the finale] is the final minute. Stay tuned for the final minute. It's one of those moments where the more you stop to think about it, the more you feel the enjoyment of the writer, looking at what he's doing and going, 'I can't believe I got away with that.' When you look at it subtextually, it's sort of a nutty thing that I did."
- The producers are ending the season on a cliffhanger, so be prepared, as Eric said, "to be tearing [your] hair out all summer." And be ready for something we've never seen before, as Jared told TV Guide:
"This is a cliffhanger unlike any other. We've had Sam die and Dean die and dad die, so we've had a lot of deaths. This one doesn't necessarily end with death, but with a whole new beginning."
- So does the cliffhanger mean there will be a Season 7? E! said it's looking very good, and Sera said they are certainly preparing for a Season 7. Eric told TV Guide he's looking forward to seeing the boys working together as a tight team going forward:
"We're actually enjoying that, for the first time in a long time, the brothers are a really strong, cohesive unit, so we're going to keep them like that for the foreseeable future."
Are you as out of your mind excited as I am??? Share your thoughts in the comments below!