Supernatural’s panel at Comic-Con isn’t until Sunday, but here are some great Season 7 spoilers from Sera Gamble to tide us over until then.
- The new season will begin right after the last season left off:
“I can’t give away too much about it, but I can say that we plan to pick up very, very soon after where we left off and explain exactly what the transformation was for Cas, what he plans to do with the angels in Heaven and to Sam, Dean and Bobby, and to Crowley. The whole nine yards…Cas is not evil. He’s transformed. That might not be good, but that’s not mustache-twirling evil either.”
- We will be seeing Crowley again. And even though Balthazar is definitely dead, we might be seeing him again, too. It’s Supernatural, after all! We will also be seeing some other faces from the past (alive and dead), and some new recurring characters.
- The writers have not forgotten about Adam! They have a couple of ideas on how to bring him back, but Sera’s not telling.
- Season 7 will center on what happens on Earth, not on angels and demons and Heaven and Hell and all that the past 2 seasons were about.
- The boys will be on the run. A lot. From a lot of bad things:
“We have new creatures in store for the boys. We’ll bring back some favorites and bring in some new ones. There’s an earth full of monsters and demons and evil spirits. There’s always another bad thing for Sam and Dean to kill…[Like] good old-fashioned monsters that eat people. I was just pitched a story with a new creature that does nasty things to people. We’ll also have ghosts and a story with psychics and mediums.”
- Season 7 will not be as dark and depressing, with some elements of fun:
“There’s always been a measure of darkness in the show. This season, there is a fun story line that’s emerging. There’s almost a tongue-in-cheek satirical quality to some of the story lines and mythology. We definitely felt that after all the twists and turns of Season 6, we wanted to have some fun. We’re all emo, but we’re ready for that.”
Are you excited for the new season?