RELATED | ‘Star Crossed’ Sneak Peek Photos for the First Two Episodes
WHEN THE ALIENS LANDED… —
- When Emery Whitehill (Aimee Teegarden, “Friday Night Lights”) was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town and she met Roman (Matt Lanter, “90210”), a 6-year old Atrian boy, who sought refuge with her before being taken away by the authorities.
- Ten years later, the two are reunited as the first group of Atrian teens is about to enroll in high school in a widely scrutinized social experiment to see if humans and Atrians can live in peace.
- Both Emery and Roman are surprised at the small-mindedness of their respective communities.
- Roman’s sister, Sophia (Brina Palencia), is excited to make new friends, but their fellow Atrians, Teri (Chelsea Gilligan, “Big Time Rush”) and Drake (Greg Finley, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”), openly distrust all humans.
- The human students are equally wary of the aliens, especially the school’s queen bee Taylor (Natalie Hall, “Pretty Little Liars”).
- Kind-hearted Grayson (Grey Damon, “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”) is drawn to Emery but has a secret that could threaten their new friendship.
- Only two of Emery’s friends – Julia (Malese Jow, “The Vampire Diaries”) and Lukas (Titus Makin, Jr., “Glee”), seem able to accept the Atrians.
- Emery and Roman find themselves drawn together again but outside forces work hard to keep them apart.
- Gary Fleder directed the episode written by Meredith Averill (#101).