Riverdale season 3 won't return with new episodes until January 16th.
To ease your longing for Archie and his friends, you might want to check out these spoiler bits just until the hiatus is over:
1. The midseason premiere will feature a time jump, according to showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. Also, the back half of season 3 will see a definitely "changed" Riverdale following this week's quarantine episode.
"We’re doing a little bit of a time jump between the midseason finale and our premiere," Aguirre-Sacasa said.
"It’s definitely a changed Riverdale. It’s almost like a town under occupation. It’s very totalitarian. It’s very lawless. And there are a lot of people who are really scared. It’s about our forces of good kind of coming together to face the various threats. That said, it’s a little bit of a slower burn when we get back. We do some more character stories. We do some more relationship stories. We’re even doing an episode that’s focused on the kids taking the SAT because, quarantine or not quarantine, junior year continues and the kids have to take the SATs! There are a couple of new romances on the horizon that feel a little more like season 1."
2. Yes, Archie will return to Riverdale.
"I will tell you, he does return to Riverdale," Aguirre-Sacasa confirmed.
"I don’t think Riverdale could exist too long without Archie. His quest definitely continues. It’s been really interesting. We were shooting an episode and I was up [in Vancouver] and KJ was like, “Oh my God. I haven’t been on these sets in months!"
3. The mystery behind Fizzle Rocks will be answered by episode 11.
4. Look out for a fun episode called "Bizarro Dale."
"Instead of the core four being Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, [it] has Kevin, Josie, Reggie and Cheryl being the core four," Aguirre-Sacasa teased.
"We sort of tell an episode that brings them kind of front and center. That's really fun."
5. Did Gladys kill Penny? We'll have to wait and see.. But here's what Gina Gershon, who plays Gladys, commented about her character's involvement:
"We’re not really sure. She could’ve, and then again maybe she just taught her a lesson," she said.
"Gladys and Penny never really got along from the old days. I think she tried messing with her before, but listen, if they hurt your kid, you’re going to go after someone. That’s unacceptable."
Head over to Riverdale Spoilers page for the latest news.