THE LIVES OF EVERYONE IN A SMALL MISSOURI TOWN CHANGE FOREVER WHEN THEIR DECEASED LOVED ONES SUDDENLY BEGIN TO RETURN HOME --
- “The Returned” – The people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to reappear, on the series premiere of “Resurrection”.
- In “The Returned,” an 8-year-old American boy (Landon Gimenez) wakes up alone in a rice paddy in a rural Chinese province with no idea how he got there. Details start to emerge when the boy, who calls himself Jacob, recalls that his hometown is Arcadia, and an Immigration agent, J. Martin Bellamy (Omar Epps), takes him there. The home he claims as his own is occupied by a 60-year-old couple, Henry (Kurtwood Smith) and Lucille Langston (Frances Fisher), who lost their son, Jacob, more than 30 years ago.
- While they look different, young Jacob recognizes them as his parents.
- Lucille is overjoyed at the seeming miracle of her son’s reappearance. Henry is reluctant to accept that Jacob is back.
- Those closest to the family want answers, including Sheriff Fred Langston (Matt Craven), whose wife Barbara drowned 30 years ago while trying to save Jacob, and Fred’s daughter, Maggie (Devin Kelley), a local doctor.
- Pastor Tom Hale (Mark Hildreth) seeks a spiritual reason for what’s happening in his community. When things take an even more shocking turn, Maggie’s life-long friend, Elaine Richards (Samaire Armstrong), finds herself drawn into Arcadia’s growing mystery.
“Resurrection” stars Omar Epps (“House”) as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher (“Titanic”) as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven (“Crimson Tide,” “A Few Good Men”) as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley (“Chernobyl Diaries,” “The Chicago Code”) as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth (“The Tudors”) as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong (“Entourage,” “The O.C.”) as Elaine Richards, Sam Hazeldine (“The Raven”) as Caleb Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith (“That '70s Show”) as Henry Langston.
Guest starring in “Pilot” are Nicholas Gonzalez as Deputy Connor Cuesta, Travis Young as Ray Richards, Joe Knezevich as young Henry, Claire Bronson as young Lucille, April Billingsley as Barbara, Walker Harris as young Tom Hale, Yulu Tian as the Chinese Man, Hong Ring Sun as the Chinese woman, Nick Morris as the tattooed man, Adam Boyer as the bald man, Karen Ceesay as the nurse and Michael H. Cole as the attaché.
“Resurrection,” based on the book “The Returned” by Jason Mott, was developed by Aaron Zelman (“Damages,” “The Killing”), who is executive producer. Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters and JoAnn Alfano are executive producers. Dan Attias is director and executive producer. Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner are executive producers for Plan B and Jon Liebman is executive producer for Brillstein Entertainment. The pilot teleplay was written by Aaron Zelman and directed by Charles McDougall. “Resurrection” is produced by ABC Studios.