Here’s some spoilers on Caterina Scorsone’s character Amelia during tonight’s Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy crossover episode where Amelia Shepherd visits Seattle Grace Hospital to see her estranged brother Dr. Derek Shepherd and what’s in store for her on Private Practice.
- Derek and Amelia witnessed the murder of their father when they were young and they both dealt with it in very different ways.
- While Derek handled the tragedy in constructive ways, Amelia went “a darker route.” In the process, she did some things to Derek that he couldn’t forgive, which caused their estrangement for the last few years.
- All we know from Private Practice so far is that Amelia had a prescription drug problem, and that she was in a very dark place and OD’d at one point.
What’s happening in tonight’s crossover episode:
- We’ll find out a lot more about what happened and why the Shepherd siblings feel so contentious with each other. We’ll also find out a lot of back story about their dad, as well.
- Amelia’s arrival in the world of Grey’s Anatomy is both unexpected and unwelcome, as far as Derek is concerned. And it wouldn’t be Grey’s Anatomy if raw emotional issues between the siblings – both past and present – didn’t bubble to the surface.
- Amelia will interact with a bunch of other doctors from Seattle Grace Hospital.
- Amelia will be meeting her brother Derek’s wife Meredith for the first time, so this should be interesting considering Derek’s other sister didn’t have the best impression of Meredith when she came on the show.
- Amelia and Mark have some sort of history, so it should be an interesting reunion considering Mark basically grew up in the Shepherd house.
- Amelia and Derek will try – emphasis on the TRY – to work through their problems. Their relationships is so complex so there will be multiple layers of emotions and ambivalence that they’ll have to work through first. Will they actually resolve anything in this one visit, probably not. But you’ll have to tune in to see what goes down in this episode.
What’s in store for Caterina Scorsone’s character Amelia in the near future on Private Practice:
- Something about a Sheldon/Amelia hook-up, or more like a booty call. She chooses Sheldon for this booty call because well Amelia finds out something very interesting about Sheldon. What could she have learned about him? I guess we’ll have to wait and see…
- Amelia has history with Addison, obviously, and Sam, and Naomi. But after being in LA for a while, she’ll get to know Cooper, Charlotte, Violet, Pete and of course Sheldon a bit more.
- The Charlotte/Amelia relationship is beginning to develop really beautifully. It’s a slow burn, but they seem to be developing a mutual appreciation society. It should be an interesting relationship because Charlotte doesn’t exactly like many people and there’s Amelia who isn’t a very regular type person. Should be interesting to see their friendship grow… right?
- Also, more surgeries for Amelia in the near future.
Like what’s in store for Amelia? Excited to see this family reunion on tonight’s Grey’s Anatomy? Make sure you tune in at 9/8c followed by an all new Private Practice at 10/9c!