In a recent interview with ABC Family, Pretty Little Liars creator, Marlene King commented that, in addition to more intense and "scary" episodes, no relationships in the second half of season 3 will be without their own fair share of drama.
Moderator: "Which couple will be the most drama-free in the second half of the season?"
M. King: "The most drama-free...I’d say no couples are drama-free in the second half of the season."
Moderator: "Which has the least drama?"
M. King: "Which has the least drama? I think it’s equal drama for everyone. No one escapes the drama in Season 3B."
So did Marlene provide any specifics? Why, of course. Read on for the PLL showrunner's spoilers for couples in season 3B:
- Ezra & Aria: "I love the Ezra story in Season 3B coming up. It’s really heartfelt and emotional, and we get to see a side of Ezra that we haven’t seen before, and also I think a side of Aria. I think we really get to watch them go through some real life drama and real life emotion, and they really sort of dig deep in regards to how soulful their connections is."
- Aria & Wesley Fitz: "Well, I think that you definitely should watch and decide for yourself if Aria and Wesley have a connection. I think it’s going to be fun for our fans let that unfold as Season 3 progresses...He has the same parents that Ezra has and there’s a lot of drama in that family, and he brings some of that drama to Rosewood with him. I think that we definitely get to learn more about the Fitzgerald family dynamic, and he’s a lot of fun."
- Paige & Emily: "I think they have some great sort of very grounded drama just sort of what it’s like to be a couple and learning to trust and really sort of because their relationship in some part based on original missteps. They just have sort of real drama and issues to overcome that are just natural to sort of any kind of new relationship like that."
- Spencer & Toby: "...I directed my first episode this coming season and it’s the third episode [season 3 episode 15 "Mona-Mania"], and there’s a lot of just deep, deep emotion that begins with that episode, and then it just carries all throughout the rest of the season. It’s just so powerful and so gut wrenching and Troian Bellisario [(Spencer)] did such an amazing job for us this year. We’re really excited to share her storyline with the fans."
- Mona & Jason: "Mona and Jason I think that we will—well, the fun of this premier, which is entitled “She’s Better Now” and we will see Mona outside of Radley. She will need some guardianship back in sort of the Rosewood world, and we might find that Jason takes her under his wing a little bit."
Which PLL couple "dramas" are you looking forward to seeing most in season 3B?