[singlepic id=6578 w=320 h=240 float=right]
Metaphorically of course, and maybe even some literal action. Our Pretty Little Liars finales always end with a bang (and a cliffhanger...), so needless to say there's a lot that's going to be going down in the season 2 midseason finale. Including some of that mud-slinging.
"There's a change in dynamic between the four of them," says Lucy Hale (Aria). "You get to see them where they're almost against each other, which we've never really seen. You go on to learn why they're acting that way."
Check out the spoilers on the Pretty Little Liars midseason summer finale, "Over My Dead Body":
- The Liars will have another run-in with the police which leads to an interrogation - and the winter midseason premiere will pick up where we left off.
- Toby and Spencer are in more trouble than just being harassed (and left out of the dangerous loop) by Daddy Hastings. Their relationship will take a turn for the worse as 'A' targets Toby as Spencer's weakness in a "brutal, brutal way", according to Spencer's actress, Troian Bellisario.
- Spencer's not the only one with a love life in danger. Aria's dilemma in the midseason finale will be to come to terms with her relationship with Ezra. "In the finale, you think there's someone in their life that is threatening to expose them so there's the idea lurking that they could be outed for real this time -- in front of her parents," says Hale. Ezra's actor, Ian Harding mentions that Ezra's ex Jackie (Paloma Guzmán) will definitely be around in the second half of season 2, forcing Ezra to take more of a stand. Does that maybe mean some closure for Aria and Ezra in this finale? Or will the couple have to fight even more of a battle in episodes to come?
- Now for the literal mud-slinging. Apparently there's going to be a "jaw-dropping" scene "involving hot girls and mud" in the summer finale. Curious at all? I don't know about you, but I definitely am.
- When new episodes return in January, we'll be seeing more of Lucas as Brendan Robinson's character gets a rather heavy storyline (which we'll start to see brimming in the Halloween-themed episode this October), the possibility of the Lucas-Hanna-Caleb love triangle coming to the forefront. But right now, it's all Hanna and Caleb. "I think there is always going to be a possibility of a love triangle," says Ashley Benson (Hanna), "but for now, Caleb and Hanna are going to be an item. There is always Lucas, Lucas is always going to be in the background." Though Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) will return to Rosewood in the midseason finale after traveling to meet his long-lost mother, he'll be laying low for a while.
- Mysterious man Jason DiLaurentis, otherwise known as Alison's strange and possibly perverted older bro, might not be as strange and perverted as everyone perceives him to be. According to his actor, Drew Van Acker, Jason is simply your typical "misunderstood" bad boy, and we'll get to "see Jason's past come up in future episodes. You'll learn a little bit about Jason and what he's done and where he's been." He says we "might" also see Aria's relationship with Ezra come to an end. But, he "might" just be messing with us.
So what does Drew say about the possibility of his character Jason being the culprit behind his little sis' murder? "I think it is possible, because there's so much that happened that night that we don't know and Jason in particular doesn't know. He blacked out and there's a lot that happened that he particularly can't remember. I think it's definitely possible."
- A lot of the plot even the cast doesn't know about, which makes the air of mystery surrounding everything that much thicker. According to Blackburn (Caleb), one of these secrets will be revealed in the third episode back come new winter episodes in January.
Cast theories and thoughts on 'A':
- Ian Harding (Ezra Fitz): "I feel like it could be a group of people. I don't know who is this brilliant to just be in every place at one time. If it's one student, look at the kid that's failing out because he's obviously not doing homework." (Hahaha.)
- Tyler Blackburn (Caleb): "It'd be awesome if [Caleb] helped them solve the mystery of who 'A' is. That would involve them telling him details so I don't know if that'll happen." I'm with Tyler, I think it would be that much more interesting if the girls clued the guys in.
Excited for the season 2 midseason finale? Hit the comments to chat and discuss.