Pretty Little Liars showrunner, Marlene King teases that she, the writers, and the network were going for “scary” and not creepy in tonight’s spook-tacular Halloween episode – but no matter what, we’ll definitely be looking out for ‘A’.
Check out these last minute spoilers for PLL‘s season 3 Halloween episode – season 3 episode 13, “This is a Dark Ride”:
- Aria won’t just disappear, she’ll be abducted. Says actress, Lucy Hale:
“I am so excited because Aria is usually off with Ezra and never really gets to do anything adventurous, so this is very exciting. She’s freaked out because she is [trapped] in this box and then they cut to…something else is in there with her.”
Is this the “box” we’ve heard so much about?
- Ezra might not be able to join Aria on the Rosewood Ghost Train (which leads to an awesome Aria-Adam Lambert scene), but he does have a surprise in store for her. Actor Ian Harding tells us:
“[Ezra is] waiting to surprise her on this beautiful date that we’ll have at the end [of the train ride], because [he has] this thing to do in Philadelphia. Ezra has a job interview to possibly ghostwrite someone’s autobiography.”
Lucy Hale (Aria) hints that Ezra could be up to something else entirely on that trip. Hmm….
- Hanna (Ashley Benson) will be having a romantic time until she “unmasks the wrong person”. Does this imply that Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) will be masked? According to Ashley, the whole night just gets “weirder”:
“I keep getting attacked by this Phantom of the Opera guy who is freaking me out, we find out that Aria has been kidnapped, and then we realize that A is on the train…we’re all in danger because we’re locked on this train and can’t get off. We don’t know who to trust, everyone is in costumes…it’s really scary.”
- Brant Daugherty (Noel) says that his costume will be fitting (circus ringmaster) because Noel is going to “play with people”. Noel brings Jenna as his date on the train (of course), but that’s not the scariest part – he’ll be a catalyst for “an unsettling shocker in the hour’s final moments”.
- Caleb will spend most of the episode “hiding” and “surprising” people, and while he doesn’t exactly have any intense scenes, in the end he’s there for Hanna.
- Toby (Keegan Allen) is going to be very “aggressive” and will be “standing up” to a lot of people this episode, even going so far as to walk up to Jenna (Tammin Sursok) and tell her, “he liked her more when she was blind!” Uh-oh.
- Troian Bellisario (Spencer) says this is a “very good episode” for Spencer and Toby – but maybe not so much for Spencer herself. Apparently, somebody will be trying to shove her off the train when another surprise someone will come to her rescue (hint: It’s not Toby). But nobody knows if Spencer’s attacker is ‘A’ or someone completely different.
- Brendan Robinson (Lucas) tells us we’re finally getting to see more of the old Lucas, especially in a little moment between him and Hanna. But, there is a Lucas-clue Brendan says we should watch out for:
“I’m taking pictures with an old camera…and I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not, but it is very similar to the one Ezra gave Aria.”
The Pretty Little Liars season 3 Halloween special, “This is a Dark Ride” airs tonight on ABC Family! Share your excitement in the comments.
Source: TV Guide