Once Upon A Time will introduce a new version of Cinderella on its upcoming seventh season, co-creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis have revealed at the D23 Expo over the weekend at Anaheim.
This new iteration of the Disney princess will be played by Dania Ramirez, who fans will meet on the show’s rebooted premiere as Henry’s wife come this fall.
Here’s a statement from Kitsis:
Dania Ramirez will be playing a different version of Cinderella.
If we remember Henry’s grandfather is Prince Charming [Josh Dallas], so we have the grandson of Prince Charming with a new Cinderella.
As for season 7 premiere’s title “Hyperion Heights,” this will be the new neighborhood in Seattle where Henry lives.
You’re going to see it’s a neighborhood and that’s a great title for it…
We have a really fun take on the city and this new forest and we can’t wait to show everybody.
Other highlights from the panel:
* According to the showrunners, viewers will find out why Henry left Storybrooke in the premiere.
* In addition to Jennifer Morrisson, we’ll see more familiar faces returning in season 7.
* Flashbacks to the Enchanted Forest will be part of season 7
* We’ll find out in the premiere if Emma and Hook has given Henry a new sibling.
* Episode 2 titled “A Pirate’s Life” is a big Hook episode, reveals Kitsis:
We meet Colin in new circumstances in the premiere, but in the second episode, we really delve into what happened to him and there’s a flashback story centered around Hook which explains a lot.
There’s always the danger of Hook returning to his villainous ways, but I think his good heart prevents him from going all the way.
Head over to Once Upon A Time Spoilers page for the latest news.