"No Ordinary Family" premieres on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 on the ABC Television Network. If you're unfamiliar with the show, here's episode guide for the "Pilot", descriptions of character powers and promotional photo.
We already posted a lot spoilers, so make sure you also check spoilers page for future episode spoilers as well as some trailers!
THE POWELL FAMILY ARE ABOUT TO GO FROM ORDINARY TO EXTRAORDINARY AFTER SURVIVING A PLANE CRASH THAT LEAVES THEM EACH WITH UNIQUE AND DISTINCT SUPER POWERS
- The Powells are about to go from ordinary to extraordinary. After 16 years of marriage, Jim feels disconnected from his workaholic wife, Stephanie , and two teenage children, Daphne and JJ.
- To encourage family bonding time, Jim decides the family will join Stephanie on her business trip to South America. When their plane crashes into the Amazon River, they barely enjoy a moment to celebrate their survival before returning to the grind of everyday life. But they will soon realize that their lives have been forever changed.
- Each member of the family starts to show signs of new, unique and distinct super powers. Will their new found abilities finally bring them together or push them further apart?
- The Powell family must learn to deal with the super powers each has mysteriously acquired after the crash of their plane in the Amazon River.
On Ordinary Family's powers
- Jim discovers that he has the power of super strength and immediately feels a new sense of purpose and empowerment. With the aid of his best friend and confidant, George, he sets his sights on becoming a hero.
- Stephanie struggles to balance her family life with working 80 hours a week as an award-winning scientist, and after developing the power of speed, she can now move effortlessly through her daily responsibilities. Always the scientist, Stephanie immediately questions the phenomenon and, with the aid of her lab tech, Katie, the two begin to research the mystery behind the powers.
- Daphne, she turns telepathic and hears other people's hopes, dreams, fears and joys, whether she cares to or not.
- JJ struggles constantly to satisfy his parents and teachers as he grapples with a learning disability and bad grades. But he suddenly finds his mental abilities strengthened to a super genius level.