Now that official word has come that this eighth season will be House’s last, what can we expect from the series finale? TVLine has provided some spoilers for May’s upcoming big event:
- The series finale will shoot in early April and will be directed and cowritten by series creator David Shore.
- Shore would love for Lisa Edelstein to return, but no formal discussions have occurred as of yet.
- Olivia Wilde, however, will definitely be making a reappearance. Prior to her exit last fall, the actress agreed to come back as Thirteen should this be the final season.
- Even though Jennifer Morrison is busy with Once Upon a Time, she said it would be an “absolute dream” to play Cameron one last time, adding, “That show was such an important part of my life, and I loved playing that character and I loved that group of actors.”
- While Hugh Laurie is said to be looking for a break from the weekly grind, we might be seeing Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps, and company in the fall. The early announcement of the show’s end frees the actors to attach themselves to potential new series during the current pilot season.