IT’S NOT EVERY FAMILY THAT’S BROUGHT CLOSER TOGETHER BY DIVORCE, BUT THE FISHER FAMILY IS ANYTHING BUT TYPICAL–
- 11-year old Henry (Eli Baker) met the most amazing person he’ll ever meet in his life when he was four-and-a-half minutes old, his dad, Mel Fisher (J.K. Simmons).
- Mel’s an incredible father and successful lawyer…who happens to be blind. Ever since he can remember, Henry has always been his dad’s eyes and wingman, so when his parents decide to separate, he’s less than thrilled that his job has been outsourced to Mel’s new guide dog, Elvis.
- Meanwhile, his mother, Joyce (Jenna Elfman), begins a quest to find herself, essentially becoming a teenager in her forties.
- This is an unfortunate turn for the family’s actual teenage daughter, Katie (Ave Deluca-Verley), who finds herself reluctantly taking on the maternal role in the family.
- Lance Lim also stars as Henry’s best friend, Runyen.
Voice-over by Jason Bateman. Harold Perrineau, Matthew Glave, Bill Fagerbakke, Isabela Moner, Carla Jimenez and Sam Pancake guest star. The pilot was directed by David Schwimmer.