JOYCE TRIES TO HANDLE A PARENT’S WORST NIGHTMARE WITHOUT MEL’S HELP, WHILE MEL TRIES ONE LAST TIME TO HAVE A FIRST DATE WITH ALLISON –
- Joyce (Jenna Elfman) finds out Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) has big plans for after the Spring Formal with her boyfriend, Anthony (guest star Logan Miller).
- In order to confirm what she thinks, however, Joyce has to promise Katie she’ll keep her secret from Mel (J.K. Simmons).
- Meanwhile, Mel has one final chance to have a successful first date with Allison (guest star Contance Zimmer) and has promised to make her dinner.
- The only problem is that he has no clue how to cook.
- With both parents distracted, Runyen (Lance Lim) points out that Henry (Eli Baker) can get away with anything and should milk it for all it’s worth.
Voice-over by Jason Bateman. Matt Glave, Erik King and Tom Fonss also guest star.