THE FISHERS LEARN A LESSON IN KEEPING SECRETS FROM ONE ANOTHER–
- Stress gets the better of Mel (J.K. Simmons), causing him back problems. Not wanting the family to worry about him, Mel discovers that sneaking into Joyce’s (Jenna Elfman) when no one’s home to take bubble baths is just the remedy to unwind and cure his aches.
- Meanwhile, when Joyce gets straight A’s in her grad school classes, she sees her future as a therapist set in stone and panics.
- However, she can’t work up the nerve to tell her family she wants to pursue a different career path.
- Also, despite being told she can’t get a part-time job, Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) secretly starts working at the yogurt shop managed by her boyfriend, only to learn that work and love don’t swirl.
- And Henry (Eli Baker), with Runyen (Lance Lim) as his trainer, secretly prepares to fight a bully.
Voice-over by Jason Bateman. Logan Miller, Peter Mackenzie, Karan Soni, Joel Polis, Cade Canon Ball, Karl T. Wright and Christina Pickles guest star.