Season 5 filming has already started this month so we have some episode and casting spoilers to share with you below!
For set photos and videos take a look at our July 7-19 on set report.
Season 5 Episode Titles
Gossip Girl’s season 5 episode 1 episode will be titled as “Yes, Then Zero” and episode 2 as “Beauty and the Feast”
Season 5 Casting Updates
- French actress/model Roxane Mesquida (Kaboom) is joining the cast of Gossip Girl as the meddling sister of Blair’s fiancée, Prince Louis. “She is not happy about her brother’s impending union and is hell-bent on sabotaging it. Her role is recurring, so she’ll be around long enough to do some damage.” TV line says.
- Brian Smith — probably best known as Penny’s half-wit ex-boyfriend on The Big Bang Theory — is joining the cast as a chef named Max. His scenes will take place in Los Angeles, where Serena spent the summer.
- Elizabeth Hurley is joining the upcoming fifth season of Gossip Girl for a multi-episode arc. She will play a character named, Diana Payne, “a sexy, smart, self-made media mogul and all-around force to be reckoned with. Diana’s entrance on the Upper East Side will change the lives of all our characters — including, and especially, Gossip Girl herself . Some set photos are already online.
- Marc Menard is joining the cast as Father Cavalia. He’s described as a young, very attractive, French-speaking Catholic priest from Monaco with ties to Blair’s fiancé, Prince Louis. He’s fluent in French and able to speak English with a French accent. The role has an option of being expanded to series regular.
Season 5 Episode Spoilers
- Two of the Gossip Girl characters will decide to stay in Los Angeles at the end of season 5 episode 1.
- Starting August 1, a Hollywood storyline including a casting agency and some possible real estate purchases will be filmed. That’s where Blake Lively will be filming scenes for her character.
- Kristen Bell will remain on the show to do her voiceovers, despite being cast on the new series House of Lies.
- ‘Gossip Girl’ Season 5 Guide