Mike Chang’s (Asian) mom and dad aren’t the only Glee parents we’ll be introduced to in season 3 – we’re finally going to be meeting Brit’s mom! As a Glee source told Watch with Kristin:
“Every musical blonde in the world is coming out of the woodwork for it!”
I’ll bet. I’m also betting one of the reasons for getting acquainted with Ms. (or is it Mrs?) Pierce is because, drum-roll please…guess who’ll be housing a McKinley foreign exchange student this year? Check out the spoilers below for the dish on that, and more:
- Brittany’s adopting her very own exchange student this year! And I’m thinking you have a pretty good guess as to who it is, too. Yep, we finally have some word on what character Damian McGinty (Glee Project co-winner) will be playing this season – an Irish foreign exchange student named Rory to appear in the fourth episode back (squeal!). I have a feeling this pair is going to be pure Glee genius.
- Don’t worry, we’ll also be seeing Damian’s fellow Glee Project winner, Sam Larsen soon enough. Though it will more than likely be more around episode 9 of the season, toward the end of the fall semester.
- Still no yea or nay on whether Blaine will actually be joining New Directions this season – but I have heard that Darren Criss has been seen on-set sans Warbler uniform, so it’s definitely looking good.
- Glee is also currently casting for a little actress to play young Emma, and more than likely in a flashback since this little Emma won’t have any dialogue, as far as we know.
- Speaking of Emma, some good news on the Glee horizon for Wemma fans. The first part of the season will be focusing some on Will and Emma’s growing relationship, and Emma dealing with her OCD.
- Something for Finn fans! Since we won’t be inundated with any guest stars in this first half of the season, we’ll be treated to some character-centric storylines (“back to basics”, as Cory Monteith put it) – which also means a couple solo storylines for everybody’s favorite quarterback-slash-glee-clubber.
- And, here’s the sad news, guys: Although it looked as if we might be dodging a bullet before, Chord Overstreet (who played cutie glee club newcomer Sam Evans last season) will in fact be leaving the show this season to pursue his music: “I’ve been writing music my entire life and I had an opportunity to work on a record. It’s something I have a huge passion for. I did a lot of thinking and I felt like it was a good time to work on my album and focus on that avenue of my career. They offered me the chance to come back for a few episodes, but there was nothing guaranteed so I decided to dive into the music thing. And that’s been my main priority the past two months.” But he will be heading to ABC series, The Middle to guest star this coming fall season. You can check out the full TV Line interview with Chord Overstreet here.
Who do you think will end up playing Brittany S. Pierce’s mom? (And who would you choose for the role?) What are your ideas for Damian’s debut and thoughts on Chord Overstreet’s departure? Spill in the comments!