Updated with some behind-the-scenes spoilers! (See below.)
Glee‘s hitting the Big Apple for Nationals, which show producer Dante Di Loreto had nothing but good things to say about, including:
“It’s been a big season for everybody,” Di Loreto tells Zap2it. “There are a lot of stories to tell and a lot of stories to resolve in these final episodes. New York was a ball; we had so much fun being there, it was really overwhelming.”
Check out the details of the final Glee episode of the season (with special guest stars Patti LuPone, Jonathan Groff, Cheyenne Jackson, and Charice), “New York”:
- Heads up: This season 2 finale episode will air at a special time on Tuesday, May 24 – at 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. So make sure all DVRs are set accordingly!
- Our Glee kids will be flying to New York to compete in Nationals (and – fingers crossed – hopefully take home that trophy!).
- New Directions will be hitting more than the stage though. They’ll also be seeing sites all the way from Broadway to Central Park.
- Speaking of Broadway…Rachel and Kurt will take us down memory lane to their season 1 “Defying Gravity” duet as the two of them visit a significant New York hot spot for the both of them – the Gershwin Theater (where Wicked performs regularly). Where they will also perform yet another Wicked number (rumored to be “For Good”).
- Rachel and Kurt aren’t the only ones with Broadway on the brain. Will (of course) will take some of his time while in New York to reflect on whether he should stick with his kids (and Emma), or really pursue his dream of being on the Broadway stage permanently (which he’ll accentuate with one of actor Matthew Morrison’s songs off his debut album, “Still Got Tonight”).
- And of course what New York/nationals trip wouldn’t be complete without some Finchel action? According to Lea Michele, Finn and Rachel give us our own “mini-romantic comedy” in the episode: “Even I was melting inside every time I saw Cory in that suit with flowers. He does take her on this fabulous day, this amazing date.” On a date to famous restaurant Sardi’s (where the two run into special guest star Patti LuPone!) and through Central Park and West Village, which is sure to be a romantic Finchel moment to remember.
- Other songs included in the episode set list will be Madonna’s “I Love New York” and Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York”.