[singlepic id=9105 w=320 h=240 float=right]
In next week's new Glee, episode 6, "Mash Off", the show goes back to the mash-up theme of season 1's episode 6, "Vitamin D" with a mash off between Will's New Directions and Shelby's Troubletones:
"In the ep, entitled "Mash Off," we'll see a good old-fashioned mash-up off between the New Directions and Shelby Corcoran's (Idina Menzel) rival group, tragically named The Troubletones. Finn (Cory Monteith) not only offers up the big solo to Rory (Damian McGinty) in order to prep him for competition, but also takes it upon himself to teach the newbie the fine art of trash-talking. First lesson: The Troubletones. Clearly, Santana (Naya Rivera) doesn't take that noise lying down and she calls for a rumble after school: dodgeball style."
Sounds pretty awesome, right? Check out the spoiler highlights for the episode (both mash-up and dodgeball-related and otherwise) in more detail below:
- There's a dodgeball game of "epic" proportions that comes down to just Finn and Santana, with Santana going after poor little Rory (Damian McGinty) and ultimately winning the entire game.
- Rachel decides to opt out of the running for senior class president, so it's Kurt vs. Brittany! The run for president comes to a head in this episode, with Kurt pledging a non-violent environment at McKinley as part of his campaign and Brittany promising TVs and Topless Tuesdays. Meanwhile there's a mullet-sporting new guy in the running, hockey player Rick "the Stick" (his campaign? Teachers should have to answer to students).
- After their kiss in episode 4, Puck's still hot for Shelby even though she's is in full teacher-mode and won't pursue the matter anymore. In an effort to win her trust, he breaks down and tells her about Quinn's (evil) plan to frame Shelby for child abuse. But Quinn's stubborn enough to keep at it, and she's even considering joining Shelby's new glee club, the Troubletones to get close to Shelby (so she can get closer to Beth).
- Lindsay Pearce is back this episode as Harmony, who makes a surprise visit to McKinley to convince Rachel not to apply for NYADA (uh-oh!)
- Mercedes offers up her Adele mash-up idea to the Troubletones and nominates herself, and gets voted, president of the new show choir group.
- The mudslinging is on! Santana's whole world comes crashing down when Finn accidentally outs her as a lesbian to the entire school - which also ends up affecting Sue's campaign for Congress. Will considers fighting back dirty too, and even though Burt's not keen on the idea, Will digs up some dirt on Sue: that she played the lead in Oklahoma! when she was in high school, once having artsy Broadway dreams of her own.
Lots of exciting stuff happening this episode! What are you most excited for? Head to the comments!