Game of Thrones fans, season 3 is fast approaching! Season 3 is rumoured to premiere some time in November! Until then we’ve got spoilers on the new characters.
1. Mance Rayder: In case you were hiding from White Walkers behind a rock, you might have missed the almost constant references to the wildling king throughout the season. This former Night’s Watch ranger shed the black and became the King Beyond the Wall. So who is up for that fearsome task? We are quite partial to The Hour‘s Dominic West.
2. Daario Naharis: Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) obviously doesn’t have enough handsome men in her life. While we might wish for her to hurry up and take her dragons across the narrow sea, first she’s going to be facing off against this new warrior. Anyone know the casting directors? We’d like to throw Oded Fehr’s name into the ring. Please.
3. Lady Selyse Florent and Shireen Baratheon: Remember how Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane) is actually married? And has a child. Well his young daughter has already been cast and will be played by Kerry Ingram. We can’t wait to see how Melisandre (Carice van Houten) will handle the presence of the sickly wife she spoke so highly of when she was seducing Stannis on the map table.
4. Olenna Redwyne: Time to meet the new in-laws! The family of Joffrey’s (Jack Gleeson) betrothed must be heading to King’s Landing, because they are casting Margaery Tyrell’s (Natalie Dormer) quick-witted grandmother. We wonder if Maggie Smith has room in her busy Downton Abbey schedule to head over to Westeros.
5. Beric Dondarrion: Remember the horrible torturer—oddly named The Tickler—back in Harrenhal, who had an interrogation obsession and was desperate to find out information on the mysterious Brotherhood? The Tickler might be long dead—we love you Jaqen H’ghar—but the leader of the outlaw group, Brotherhood Without Banners, will be appearing in season three.
What do you guys think of the new additions? Excited for season 3? Comment Below!