The CW has released the official synopsis for the February 19th series premiere of Cult, "You're Next". Matt Davis of The Vampire Diaries stars in this new thriller series.
- Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton (Davis) has learned to live with his younger brother Nate’s (guest star James Pizzinato “Alcatraz”) relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show called “Cult” intends to harm him.
- When his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff enlists Skye Yarrow (Jessica Lucas, “Cloverfield,” “Melrose Place”), a young research assistant working on “Cult,” to help with his investigation into the dark underworld of the TV show and its rabid fans.
- Meanwhile, in the parallel worlds of the show-within-a-show, the cult’s ruthless leader, Billy Grimm, is played by actor Roger Reeves (the double role of Billy/Roger is played by Robert Knepper (“Prison Break,” “Shameless”), a man whose primary agenda is winning back his former follower and lover, Kelly Collins, played by actress Marti Gerritsen (the double role of Kelly/Marti is played by Alona Tal (“Supernatural,” “The Killing”).
- Since escaping from the cult, Kelly has become an LAPD detective who finds herself drawn back into an investigation of the group’s activities as she struggles to keep Billy at a safe distance.
- As the television show grows in popularity, cast members Roger and Marti begin to feel the effects in their “real” lives.