The Carrie Diaries , the Sex and the City prequel, premieres tonight Monday, January 14 8/7c.
IN THIS “SEX AND THE CITY” PREQUEL, A YOUNG CARRIE BRADSHAW DEALS WITH HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA WHILE MEETING MANHATTAN FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Recently, life hasn’t been smooth sailing for 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) – her mother just passed away, her rebellious younger sister Dorritt (Stefania Owen) is acting out, and their father Tom (Matt Letscher) is struggling to raise two teenage daughters alone.
- As Carrie begins the first day of her junior year, she can’t help but feel as though all eyes are on her, and a pity party from rival Donna LaDonna (Chloe Bridges) doesn’t help the situation.
- Even when surrounded by her group of friends, Mouse (Ellen Wong), Maggie (Katie Findlay) and Walt (Brenden Dooling), Carrie feels as though her life should be heading in a different direction.
- The arrival of new guy Sebastian Kydd (Austin Butler) brings Carrie some excitement, but it isn’t until she accepts an internship at a Manhattan law firm that things begin to fall into place.
- In the city, Carrie meets Larissa Loughlin (Freema Agyman), a free-spirited, outgoing style editor at Interview magazine, who introduces her to a world she’s only dreamt of.