Bunheads the all new ABC original series premieres Monday, June 11 9/est on ABC.
Here’s what happens in the pilot episode:
- Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) a former ballerina turned Vegas showgirl had a promising career as a classically-trained professional dancer but was drawn to the lights of Las Vegas. Now, with a dead-end job as a 30-something showgirl, she’s found the excitement of Sin City has lost its appeal
- She decides to take a gamble on a new marriage and a fresh start in and her persistent suitor, Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) is gaining it, he promises a cushy life in his coastal town of Paradise, CA, Hubbell and convinces Michelle to marry him and move away
- Hubbell with his mother, the strong-headed, imperious Fanny Flowers (Kelly Bishop), who is not pleased that Hubbell has run off and married a stranger
- A former dancer herself, Fanny runs the local dance studio, which Michelle comes upon and ends up bonding with some of Fanny’s dance students
- “Boo” (Kaitlyn Jenkins), who would give anything to be a “bunhead” but struggles against her body type.
- Rebellious Sasha (Julia Goldani Telles), who possesses the classic ballet dancer’s body and talent but is distracted by family issues at home doesn’t seem to have her heart in dancing.
- Ginny (Bailey Buntain), who is not yet comfortable in her own skin
- Fun-loving Melanie (Emma Dumont), who is ready for whatever life throws at her
- Michelle’s budding relationship with these girls helps her adapt to small town living and her uneasy role as a new daughter-in-law.
What do you think? Be sure to tune in June 11 at 9/est to ABC