RELATED | Boardwalk Empire Renewed for Season 5
Season 4 Episode 5 “Erlkönig”
Debut: SUNDAY, OCT. 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 6 (11:00 p.m.), 8 (11:00 p.m.), 9 (10:00 p.m.), 11 (9:00 p.m.) and 12 (11:00 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 7 (9:00 p.m.), 11 (1:15 a.m.), 13 (4:00 p.m.) and 17 (9:00 p.m.)
- Nucky (Steve Buscemi) heads to Philadelphia to deal with the fallout from Willie’s (Ben Rosenfield) liquor fiasco.
- Eddie Kessler (Anthony Laciura) is detained by Agent Knox (Brian Geraghty), who uses physical and psychological tactics to elicit information about Nucky’s organization.
- A desperate Gillian (Gretchen Mol) turns to an unexpected source to score a fix, and is rebuffed in her attempt to reunite with Tommy (Brady Noon).
- In Cicero, Van Alden (Michael Shannon) is recruited by the Capones to pay an election-day visit to factory workers who are opposed to the Capones’ candidate of choice.
Written by Howard Korder; directed by Tim Van Patten.
Season 4 Episode 6 “The North Star”
Debut: SUNDAY, OCT. 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 13 (11:00 p.m.), 15 (11:00 p.m.), 16 (10:00 p.m.), 18 (9:00 p.m.) and 19 (1:35 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 14 (9:00 p.m.), 17 (10:00 p.m.), 18 (11:50 p.m.) and 20 (1:15 p.m.)
- After a cautious reunion with Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) in New York City, Nucky heads to Tampa to work out details of his land deal with Bill McCoy (Pearce Bunting) and reconnects with Sally Wheet (Patricia Arquette).
- Richard Harrow (Jack Huston) returns to Atlantic City and makes a confession to an ailing Paul Sagorsky (Mark Borkowsky), who encourages him to get over the past and return to Julia (Wrenn Schmidt) and Tommy.
- Having lost J. Edgar Hoover’s (Eric Ladin) confidence, Agent Knox finds a new way to gain Eli’s (Shea Whigham) trust.
- Meyer Lansky (Anatol Yusef) decides to go it alone on the Tampa land deal when Lucky Luciano (Vincent Piazza) gets spooked by Vincenzo Petrucelli (Vincenzo Amato), an investor with ties to Joe Masseria (Ivo Nandi) in New York.
- Chalky (Michael Kenneth Williams) takes out his frustrations on Daughter Maitland (Margot Bingham).
Written by Eric Overmyer and Howard Korder; directed by Allen Coulter.
Season 4 Episode 7 “William Wilson”
Debut: SUNDAY, OCT. 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 20 (11:00 p.m.), 22 (11:00 p.m.), 23 (10:00 p.m.) 25 (9:00 p.m.) and 26 (11:00 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 21 (9:00 p.m.), 25 (12:05 a.m.) and 27 (3:50 p.m.), and Nov. 7 (8:00 p.m.)
- Eli confronts Nucky after Willie makes an unpopular decision.
- Margaret has a surprise encounter at her job on Wall Street.
- Joe Masseria orders Lucky Luciano to return to Tampa and deal with Vincenzo Petrucelli. Gillian goes cold turkey with Roy Phillips’ (Ron Livingston) help.
- Still seething over his brother’s death, Al Capone (Stephen Graham) tries to get Johnny Torrio (Greg Antonacci) to turn on rival gangster Dean O’Banion (Arron Shiver).
- As the relationship between Chalky and Daughter Maitland deepens, Valentin Narcisse (Jeffrey Wright) exerts his control over Dunn Purnsley (Erik LaRay Harvey) and the Northside.
Written by David Matthews and Terence Winter; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.
Season 4 Episode 8 “The Old Ship of Zion”
Debut: SUNDAY, OCT. 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 27 (11:00 p.m.), 29 (11:00 p.m.) and 30 (10:00 p.m.), and Nov. 1 (9:00 p.m.) and 2 (12:30 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 28 (9:00 p.m.) and Nov. 1 (11:00 p.m.), 3 (3:45 p.m.) and 7 (9:00 p.m.)
- Nucky’s shipment from Florida arrives with some unexpected cargo.
- Eli is backed into a corner when Agent Knox uncovers new dirt on the Thompsons.
- After talking things over with Nucky, Willie reconsiders his recent life choices.
- Chalky throws down the gauntlet to Valentin Narcisse, upholding his leadership on the Northside.
Written by Cristine Chambers and Howard Korder; directed by Tim Van Patten.